Pisces Research Project Management is a research and development project management company passionate about making the greatest positive impact for our ocean research money and time.
We are committed to creating positive, true, and mutually beneficial collaborations. We’ve all worked in multiple sectors and we do our best work enabling projects at the intersection of two or more sectors.
Pisces maintains honest, transparent and fun relationships, and brings these principles to our project management services to give researchers and businesses back their time.
Pisces was founded by Kes Morton in 2017 after managing more than $170 million CAD over 15 years of ocean research projects. There were too many projects operating inefficiently, often because the project did not necessitate a full time project manager. As a result, people were devoting large amounts of time to something they didn’t like doing – project management. Pisces believes that people do their best work when on work they enjoy – and so Pisces was founded to enable people to do the things they love – and outsource their research project management needs to the experts at Pisces.
Pisces is fully owned and run by Kes Morton, an experienced manager, scientist, and communicator, with over 15 years of management and research experience in industry, academia, and government. Kes has a PhD in Marine Ecology, a Project Management Professional certification, and a Certificate in Financial Management.
Indigenous Collaborations Policy
At Pisces Research Project Management, we are committed to meaningful collaborations with Indigenous Peoples. For Pisces RPM, this means continuously educating ourselves and our clients to ensure we work with Indigenous governments, organizations, and communities in respectful, transparent, and inclusive ways. Through our work as project managers in the ocean research sector, we see an opportunity to build better collaborations in ocean research and monitoring.
- We are a research and development project management company with a focus on ocean research. We specialize in collaborations, working with diverse peoples, and working across sectors to create the greatest positive impact for ocean research money and time.
- At Pisces, we are committed to facilitating honest, transparent, meaningful, and mutually beneficial collaborations between the ocean research sector and Indigenous Peoples.
Pisces RPM Principles for Indigenous Collaboration
- We recognize the impacts of colonization on Canada’s Indigenous Nations and support the advancement of reconciliation based on a recognition of rights, respect, cooperation and partnership.
- We acknowledge the need to continue adapting and evolving how research bodies, federal funding agencies, academic institutions, and private industry do business to ensure there are opportunities for meaningful collaborations that represent what matters to Indigenous Peoples.
- We recognize the diversity of values, skills, and interests in Indigenous Nations and seek to carry out work that celebrates this diversity.
Pisces RPM Objectives for Indigenous Collaboration
- Respect Indigenous governance systems, and the diversity of cultures and practices within Indigenous Nations.
- Increase opportunities for collaboration in ocean research with indigenous nations.
- Create positive environments for collaboration and partnership.