202120Jan2:00 PM4:30 PMMERIDIAN Winter Webinar Series: Management of underwater acoustics data2:00 PM - 4:30 PM Organizer: Meridian Region:OnlineTopic:Acoustics,DataCost:No CostConfidence:High TagsFree,online,Weekday
Welcome to the 'Management of underwater acoustics data' event in the MERIDIAN Winter Webinar Series! Having access to the right data is essential to solving and preventing
Welcome to the ‘Management of underwater acoustics data’ event in the MERIDIAN Winter Webinar Series!
Having access to the right data is essential to solving and preventing problems, including marine issues such as ship-mammal collisions and overfishing. However, the data and the methods of retrieval both change over time, due to new research directions, new use cases, and technological advancements. This Webinar will examine data and metadata management theory and practice through different phases in the project lifecycle: from devising a metadata profile, to public release, and maintaining and upgrading legacy systems. The four presentations will discuss some of the approaches taken, challenges faced, and lessons learned in the development of the MERIDIAN Discovery Portal and its accompanying Metadata Profile, the FishBase Global Information System, and the Federated Research Data Repository (FRDR). Each presentation will be followed by an audience question period. Following these presentations, the presenters will tackle your deeper questions during a collaborative panel.
- Kim Mortimer (Data Management Expert, MERIDIAN)
- Sarah Vela (Data Manager, MERIDIAN)
- Kelly Stathis (Discovery and Metadata Coordinator, Portage Network)
- Dr. Nicolas Bailly (Curatorial Assistant of Fishes, Beaty Biodiversity Museum)
- Oliver Kirsebom – Opening Remarks – 2:00-2:10 PM
- Kim Mortimer – Foundations of Data Discovery at MERIDIAN – 2:10-2:35pm
- Sarah Vela – From Theory to Practice – 2:35-3:00 PM
- Break – 3:00 – 3:10 PM
- Kelly Stathis – TBD – 3:10 – 3:35 PM
- Dr. Nicolas Bailly – From Practice to Pragmatism – 3:35 – 4:00 PM
- Break – 4:00 – 4:10 PM
- Kim, Sarah, Kelly and Nicolas – Panel – 4:10 PM – 4:30 PM
Full agenda and call-in details can be found here.
Please RSVP as space is limited to 90 participants. If there is anyone you would like to suggest attending, send their full name and email to email@example.com.
Wednesday, January 20 - 2:00pm 2021 - Wednesday, January 20 - 4:30pm 2021