202206Dec2:00 PM5:00 PMOG Deep Currents Workshop: how to build an Ocean positive future2:00 PM - 5:00 PM GMT Organizer: Ocean Generation Region:OnlineTopic:Communication,Diversity & Inclusion,Networking,Ocean AcousticsCost:Green EconomyConfidence:High
You have the power to make an impact. Create a legacy. Work for good. Our Deep Currents workshop has been built to help young people understand more about themselves, our Ocean,
You have the power to make an impact. Create a legacy. Work for good.
Our Deep Currents workshop has been built to help young people understand more about themselves, our Ocean, and how your futures are linked.
Join us to identify your skills and get equipped with tools to raise your voice, so you can utilise your unique talents to restore the health of our Ocean and planet.
Tickets are £5 but we have an allocation of free tickets for anyone that needs them. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if cost is a barrier and you’d like to attend.
What does the workshop involve?
Masterclasses on how to:
- Use your passion to address global issues
- Use your power to develop and amplify a concept/ campaign
- Tell your story and authentically grow support
- Understand the Green Economy and career paths that are beyond traditional routes
Why should you join?
Beyond meeting other like-minded Wavemakers who want to learn more about our Ocean/ make a change in their own lives and beyond, you’ll leave with:
- Employability skills development and tools for personal growth
- Knowledge of future-proof career routes in the Green Economy
- An understanding of Ocean issues and how to take action in a way that resonates with you
- The Wavemakers Toolkit to support you in continued action
- A certificate on completion of the workshop to add to your LinkedIn profile and CV
- Access to the Wavemaker community on LinkedIn
Featuring guests such as:
- Jo Ruxton: Founder of Ocean Generation and producer of the documentary ‘A Plastic Ocean’
- Melanie Vella: Head of Comms & Engagement at Ocean Generation, leading global movement building campaigns that galvanise the masses to raise awareness, take action and create lasting impact
How to register:
- Places are limited so we encourage you to sign up as soon as possible.
Once you have signed up, stand by as we will be sending all of the details into your inbox!
Please email email@example.com if you have any access requirements that make it difficult to register so we can support you.
It doesn’t matter where you are on your journey – a PhD candidate, a high schooler looking to learn more, or someone just learning about our Ocean – this workshop is open to ALL.
We are particularly encouraging people who identify as Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic, D/deaf, disabled, neurodivergent, working class and LGBTQI+ to apply as they are currently underrepresented in the environmental sector.
We can’t wait to dive in with you!
Tuesday, December 6 - 2:00pm 2022 - Tuesday, December 6 - 5:00pm 2022