202229Mar2:00 PM4:00 PMSkills for Norther Research Impact: Skill Building Knowledge Sharing Connecting & Networking2:00 PM - 4:00 PM Region:Arctic,OnlineTopic:Ocean Awareness and LiteracyCost:No CostCountry:CanadaConfidence:High Tagsonline classes,online events,online science and tech
This webinar is co-hosted by ArcticNet and the Arctic Eider Society About
About this event
Join ArcticNet and partners every month for a training series: Skills for Northern Research Impact. Open to the large ArcticNet network and its partners, these webinars will help you build and practice science communication and knowledge sharing skills to connect with a variety of audiences and end-users. Stay tuned each month for new opportunities!
On March 29, 2022, ArcticNet is co-hosting a webinar in collaboration with the Arctic Eider Society to show the potential for SIKU to support your research collaborations and climate action projects!
SIKU: The Indigenous Knowledge Social Network is a user-friendly web platform and mobile app that supports knowledge exchange and Indigenous-led research and monitoring activities on the land, water and ice. Developed by the Arctic Eider Society in collaboration with Inuit, SIKU is being used by Inuit and Cree across the Canadian Arctic and around Hudson Bay and James Bay.
In this webinar:
- You will learn how SIKU can be used by northern communities to support collaborations with researchers from institutions in southern Canada.
- A guest speaker will share their first-hand experience using SIKU in their project.
- Arctic Eider Society staff will walk you through SIKU’s project management features.
- You will see the potential for SIKU to support your research collaborations and climate action projects!
Date and time: March 29, 2022, 2:00pm – 4:00pm EST
The webinar will last about 1.5 hours followed by 30 minutes of discussion and Q&A. Everyone is welcome!
Preparation: Please note, this webinar will build on a basic familiarity with SIKU. Before the webinar, we encourage you to create an account on SIKU and spend time navigating through the SIKU Feed and Map. If you live in the north, please feel free to use SIKU to post an observation or trip on the land before the webinar!
Here are some links to help with this:
- SIKU intro video: https://vimeo.com/376408459
- Create a SIKU account (similar for web and app): https://siku.org/support/knowledge-base/create-an-account/
- Make an ice post using your phone: https://siku.org/support/en_mo/knowledge-base/create-an-ice-post/
Tuesday, March 29 - 2:00pm 2022 - Tuesday, March 29 - 4:00pm 2022