202001Apr1:00 PM2:00 PMThree Short Talks on Innovative Technologies, Measuring Ice Keels in the US Arctic and Inexpensive Loggers for Underway Systems1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Organizer: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Region:OnlineTopic:Ocean ScienceCost:No CostConfidence:High TagsFree,online,Weekday
Presenter(s): Shaun W. Bell (MS/MAT), Margaret Sullivan (B.S.), and DavidA. Strausz III (B.S.), University of Washington Joint Institute for the Study of Atmosphere and Ocean, Seattle, WA. Seminar Sponsor(s): This seminar is part of
Shaun W. Bell (MS/MAT), Margaret Sullivan (B.S.), and DavidA. Strausz III (B.S.), University of Washington Joint Institute for the Study of Atmosphere and Ocean, Seattle, WA.
This seminar is part of NOAA’s EcoFOCI bi-annual seminar series focused on the ecosystems of the North Pacific Ocean, Bering Sea and U.S. Arctic to improve understanding of ecosystem dynamics and applications of that understanding to the management of living marine resources. Visit the EcoFOCI webpage for more information, https://www.ecofoci.noaa.gov/.Titles:
- Improved Biophysical Observations from a Profiling Moored Observing Platform in the Southeast Bering Sea (Shaun Bell)
- Changing Seasons in the Chukchi Sea MIZ: a look at multiple years of ice draft from moorings near Icy Cape, Alaska (Peggy Sullivan)
- An Inexpensive Underway Sampling System Logger (Dave Strausz)
- Exploring 4 years of Prawler data at Mooring site M2 and the insights this platform provides.
- Sonarice data tells a story of the dynamics of seasonal ice formation, and illustrates a trend toward decreasing winter ice-cover.
- How to use a Raspberry Pi to make a simple and inexpensive logger for oceanographic instruments.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3311
Access Code: 891-851-101 Seminar POC: Heather Tabisola, email@example.com
Subscribe to the OneNOAA Science Seminar weekly email:
Send an email to OneNOAAscienceseminarsfirstname.lastname@example.org with the word ‘subscribe’ in the subject or body. See http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/seminars/
Wednesday, April 1 - 1:00pm 2020 - Wednesday, April 1 - 2:00pm 2020
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration