At Pisces RPM we foster honest, transparent and fun relationships through communication, empathy and allowing each member of the collaboration to focus on joyful work. The ideal candidate would be committed to creating long-lasting and mutually beneficial collaborations within our team and with clients, and who wants to create a positive impact for our ocean.
Pisces RPM is committed to enabling talent and recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Non-traditional workforce employees are encouraged to apply.
Required attributes for all employees
- Passion for the ocean
- Either possession of or willingness to work towards a PMI designation
- Experience in at least two sectors of industry, academia, government, non-profit
- Polite, respectful and empathetic written and oral communication.
- The ability to work independently and self-manage
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar)
Location: Pisces RPM is a distributed organization with employees responsible for both determining and providing an appropriate work location for their productivity, including internet, phone, appropriate office furniture and amenities. Pisces RPM will supply necessary work supplies to execute the work, including a computer, printer, scanner, and other office supplies as needed.
Hours: Pisces maintains a flexible work schedule. Part-time employees are expected to work a minimum of 10 hours a week with a communication standard of being available at least 2 hours each work day (M-F, 8:00-17:00). Full-time employees are expected to work 35 hours a week which includes a 1hr lunch break each day. Employees can structure their work day as they please as long they meet the communication standard.
Junior Data and Information Management Advisor
- Responsible for assisting with data management activities
- Assisting in managing a team doing full-stack web development, including:
- Database design and implementation
- Back-end web development in Python and Django
- Assist on the design/creation/implementation of projects.
What we’re looking for
- Experience working with:
- Ocean data management
- Relational databases
- Version control systems like Git
What you’ll get
- Leadership experience within a rapidly growing, innovative scale-up
- Experience in the fast-growing ocean research sector
- Experience in the rapidly growing field of ocean data management
- Dedicated mentoring from senior staff
- To be part of an awesome fun team in a flexible, welcoming environment
Citizenship Requirements: Compliant with https://nrc.canada.ca/en/support-technology-innovation/nrc-irap-funding-hire-young-graduates
Start date: (negotiable)
Pay: (Salary based on experience)
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Subject line: Ocean Data Management is Fun! Junior Data and Information Management Advisor
We will be interviewing as applications are received, please apply promptly.
Virtual Office Manager
Pisces Research Project Management Inc. (Pisces RPM www.piscesrpm.com ) is a research and development project management company passionate about making the greatest positive impact for our ocean research money and time. Pisces maintains honest, transparent and fun relationships, and brings these principles to our project management services to give researchers and businesses back their time.
Pisces RPM is seeking a someone to be Virtual Office Manager
- Coordinating calendars & meetings
- Assist with the accumulation, storage and retention of institutional knowledge
- Program, software and asset management
- File, document and information management (physical and virtual
Career Planning: Pisces emphasizes open career planning for their employees where we discuss professional development and career building opportunities through frequent 1-to-1 check-ins and mentoring.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to: Katie.Cook@Piscesrpm.com
Education level: Entry Level Position
Required competencies: Ability to work in a distributed team environment, attention to detail, good oral and written communication skills, and reliability are required. Candidates with a passion for the ocean and a talent for organization are ideal. Pisces is looking for teammates who are efficient, effective, trustworthy and most importantly, fun.
What makes Pisces special?
The People: We are a diverse team of enthusiastic, supportive characters working remotely from around Canada. We have family people, single people, cat people, dog people. We have readers, gamers, artists, and we can’t wait to see what new interest you could bring to the team.
The Job Satisfaction: At Pisces you will acquire first hand experience in being part of a rapidly growing, innovative scale-up. Acquire valuable experience in the fast growing ocean research sector and help improve diversity, equity and inclusion in the ocean research sector in Canada
Flexibility: Remote working offers flexibility around start and end times. Children and pets are often in the background of meetings allowing for a strong work/life balance.
Benefits: Life Insurance, AD&D, optional extended healthcare, dental, vision.