Location: Remote work, Nova Scotia
About Pisces RPM: Pisces Research Project Management Inc. (Pisces RPM www.piscesrpm.com ) is a research and development project management company passionate about making the greatest positive impact for our ocean research money and time. Pisces maintains honest, transparent and fun relationships, and brings these principles to our project management services to give researchers and businesses back their time.
- Pisces is committed to making the greatest positive impact with our ocean research money and time.
- Pisces is committed to creating transparent, long-lasting and mutually beneficial collaborations.
- Pisces maintains honest, transparent and fun relationships through communication, empathy and allowing each member of the collaboration to focus on joyful work.
- Pisces enables underutilized talent, developing a team mentality and building research management capacity in Canada.
- Efficient – We will be thorough, well organized, and effective with time.
- Effective – We will seek to have the greatest positive impact.
- Trustworthy- We will communicate honestly and transparently
- Fun – We enjoy our work, we want this to come across in how we work with you.
Pisces RPM is committed to enabling talent and recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Non-traditional workforce employees are encouraged to apply.
Required attributes for all employees
- Passion for the ocean
- Either possession of or willingness to work towards a PMI designation
- Experience in at least two sectors of industry, academia, government, non-profit
- Polite, respectful and empathetic written and oral communication.
- The ability to work independently and self-manage
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar)
We are currently recruiting specifically a recent graduate to fill the role of Junior Data and Information Management Advisor and Jr.Finance or Virtual office management. All Pisces RPM staff are expected to fill a position and also a special role.
Reporting to the Senior Data and Information Management Advisor, the Junior Data and Information Management Advisor will be responsible for:
- Assisting on client work relevant to data and information management
- Growing their knowledge on trends and initiatives
- Monitoring for business opportunities
- Maintaining and growing their contacts
Specific skills & knowledge for the role of Junior Data and information management Advisor include:
- Knowledge of metadata schemas, controlled vocabularies, linked data
- Knowledge of web-services for scientific data discovery and delivery
- Experience (course based or work experience) with digital content management tools
- Experience (course based or work experience) with metadata and data manipulation
- Experience (course based or work experience) with geospatial and oceanographic community conventions and standards
- Ability to program in Python, Matlab, R, or other scripting languages
- Familiarity with international metadata standards and practices and their creation would be an asset
Additional details about the roles:
Virtual office manager
- Coordinating calendars & meetings
- Assist with the accumulation, storage and retention of institutional knowledge
- Program, software and asset management
- File, document and information management (physical and virtual)
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Manage accounts payable & collections
- Direct purchasing
- Cost controls
- Cash flow management & financing
- Delegation of signing authority for different areas
- Assist with business and strategic planning
Interested in being a part of our team? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and special role in the title of the email that you think you can fill. Please detail how you can meet what we are looking for and include a link to your linked-in and any social media.
Start date: September 9th, 2020
Pay: $18.50/hour, 35 hours a week (negotiable, flexible scheduling)
A recent graduate is an individual who has successfully completed a post-secondary program from a recognized college or university within a year of the date that the employer’s application is received by Youth Employment Programs. They must live and work in Nova Scotia as a new full-time employee of the organization https://novascotia.ca/programs/graduate-to-opportunity/19-48483-108449%20GTO%20Guidelines%20Update%20English_Web.pdf